Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The sun will always set and there will always be a new day.



I love sunsets, more so than sunrise. Maybe because sunsets represent a day well lived where we have tried our best in this world to do what is right, to follow our life mission and to be thankful that God had kept us safe to see another day.

Yesterday I had a bad day. Nothing really happened to make me that way but I was just depressed and down on life. So I cried, I prayed and I tried to put one foot in front of the other to get something done. I didn't do all that was on my "list". It was a day off training so my husband and I gave some time to the puppy and took her to the dog park to play. And this decision allowed me to see a beautiful sunset and to take a moment to reflect just how wonderful my life really is. I have my health, a wonderful husband and stepson, a great puppy dog, a brother and mother that love me unconditionally, a roof over my head, food on the table and much much more. I might not ever be exactly where I think I should be as an athlete, as a wife, as a mother, in my career but I am moving forward to where I need to be spiritually and I have so much to be thankful for. I am not hungry, cold, sick, alone.

I realize that it is ok to have bad days, to scream and fight life, to be disappointed in yourself, to be disappointed in others and not always ride high. But I have also realized that when you fall down, just get right back up and brush the dirt off your shoulders. Others are counting on us. Don't look back but look forward because the sun will set and it will rise again with endless possibilities, great achievements and many many more of God's gifts (and his sunsets).

No comments:

Post a Comment