Friday, July 17, 2009

New courses, New experiences

The more I get into this tri-lifestyle, the more happy I become. We have started our marathon training. A 18week self coaching program to make sure we are ready and injury free on the big day - Athens Classic Marathon, November 8, 2009. We decided to run the marathon in order to strengthen our running skills and prepare and gain confidence for the bigger tri events, like the Ironman in 2010.

Joining forces with some other Greeks, our "group training" has introduced us to BEAUTIFUL locations (some just a few miles from our home). Immitos mountain was always a mystery to me until we did a bike last week and then a run this week. WOW! Once you reach the top of this green pine tree loaded mountain, you can see the entire valley of Athens, the Mediterranean Sea, and the most breathtaking sunsets. Where have I been all these years? I have been experiencing the other side of Athens - crowded night clubs, crowded beaches, smoke and drinks and trying to be where everyone else is. I think I prefer being different and the minority who is someone leading a peaceful, healthy, active lifestyle. This is what God always has intended for me. I am one step closer to finding me on this journey of mind, body, and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment