Thursday, July 16, 2009

Going for it!

I was just reading a few other blogs from those in the sport of tri. It is true, triathlons do change your life. I see it in me. I see it in my husband. It has made our life leaps and bounds better (only in the short 5 months that we have been in to it).

Our goals, together as a husband and wife team, are aggressive. We have only done one sprint distance, our first back in May. We are now planning our full triathlon in September, the Athens Classic Marathon in November, and have registered and paid for the 1/2 Ironman in Austria St. Polten in May 2010. On top of that, Stelios has already resigtered and paid for the Challenge Copenhagen in Aug 2010 which is a full Ironman distance. As much as I want to go for it, I also hope that perhaps I might be on the sideline and pregnant!

But, having these goals keeps us going and training day in and day out. We are feeling great (besides a small pain I have been getting in my heart which might be attributed to my Mitral value prolapse and have been told is not dangerous nor limiting). I will be seeing the doctor.

So, we have our training plans practically lined up for the next year. I love having goals again. I love training again. I love feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment