Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The training offically starts

This past weekend was AWESOME! We completed our two days of tri-training with Tri-greece. Both Duncan and Alex were so helpful and fun to be with. The training was on the course that Schiniathlon will use during the competition day - a beautiful setting along the coast of north west Athens and near Marathon, Athens Greece. Sat was swimming (about 750m) and I didn't expect the water to be so cold nor the distance so long. We all survived and then did the bike (20km). There was some theory in between the two sessions so we didn't do bricking. Sunday was swim (300km), bike (10km), and run (5km). We tried to do bricking but we were very slow and I was tired from the day before. I learned how hard it is to get your bike jersey over anything that is wet! This we will practice. So it looks like this time around, we will be competing in the sprint challenge. Not bad since we have less than a month to train. So excited and curious as to how I will finish.

Now, this week we are focused on our training plan. The only hitch - we can not join the pool until we have all the doctors notes. I need 3 and it is not easy to crunch in 3 doctors appointments into one week and try to make a swim for Friday. We are hoping to join the pool at least by Friday in order to get started. Excited for my morning swims and the pool is outdoors so it is a plus!

OK, I am in a non-creative state right now and my post is boring so I will end it. Hopefully I will upload some photos of our training in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment