Thursday, January 14, 2016

Synchronicity

I really didn't know much about synchronicity until about 2 months ago.

I was directed to a podcast, Inspire Nation, in which Robert Moss, a world renown expert in the field of dreaming, was interviewed.  He brought light on the signs of sounds and symbols,  the everyday coincidences that I have been experiencing ever since I had a "spiritual awakening" earlier in 2015.

He said that if you are open recognize signs on Earth through nature and other coincidences, then you can gain knowledge about your path here on Earth.  Looking for the "signs" will help guide you.

I had always been in tune to coincidence in my life. But it wasn't until I heard the message of synchronicity from Robert Moss that I understood that some of the most important messages in life are when your overall life plan becomes unstuck or derails off track.  There is magic around every corner and it is often time during the derailment in life that you begin to find a deeper meaning.  It is that person you meet after missing your flight connection, the road closure that brings you down a new road with a message, the chalk drawing on the sidewalk or the way the wind blows on your morning run.  It is easy to not see these "sign" if our minds are cluttered and not in the moment.  But the universe is speaking to all of us through everyday interactions.

Since I had experienced a spiritual shift, these signs became amplified.  I didn't realize that I was at a very important transit in life.  Synchronicity is most powerful when we are off track from our norm; nearing birth or death, falling in or out of love or other important transitions in life, such as a spiritual awaking or epiphany, such as I had experienced.

I was living in Athens, Greece for three months at the end of 2015.  Days after listening to this podcast, two hare's (bunnys) appeared in our small city garden outside of our apartment building in the city.  I had never, in over 10 years of living in this city, seen a hare in Athens, let alone living in our yard.  Neighbors and strangers would come and ask us if they were our pets, in awe that these animals were just wild in our small city garden.   I started to pay attention.  Every time I would see these hare's when I was not alone, they would just run from me.  But during those special moments that I was alone, they would never run.  They would stay and let me approach them, as if they had a message for me.  Once I was eye to eye with one of them.  We connected eyes and I asked this little animal "what is your message, what are you trying to tell me?".

Shortly after this, I had a flood of "signs".  If I had something on my mind or was subconciencly seeking an answer, with in hours, there was a message that was just too much of a conscience to ignore.  The answer would come in all forms - a eagle flying overhead, a stranger with a smile, a phone call I decided to pick up that would lead me down a new path or a message written in the most obscure place.  I started to really pay attention.

What I have started to learn is that these signs can mean different things to different people.  It is living life and learning how life unfold after a synchronicity, that you learn to read how to handle your "signs".  It takes testing and verifying these "signs" to learn how to let them guide you down your path.  We see these signs and then notice what follows next.  Perhaps we need to stay where we are, be more persistent or perhaps stop and change directions.

Some of the most powerful messages are clear confirmations.  Quite often, these "custom made signs" would be overpowering and direct during the most perfect moment.  The message, or synchronicity, was so clear at the moment that it was confirmation that this message was catered to me.  And often times, the message would come when I would ask for guidance from my angles or soul guides.

After some powerful soul experiences in 2015 I am a believer of these universal powers and synchronicity working in my everyday life.  As I move into 2016 I am working to continue to keep my mind and soul clear to accept these "signs".  I try to live everyday as a story of what the world wants me to see.  I have decided to be conscience of the first three things that I notice beyond myself every day.  Notice them, interneralize them and let them guide me.  It is the life lessons that my soul must learn on this journey and not the destination that I seek.  

As C.P. Cavafy writes in his poem Ithaka -  

"Keep Ithaka always in your mind. 
Arriving there is what you’re destined for. 
But don’t hurry the journey at all.
Better if it lasts for years,
so you’re old by the time you reach the island,
wealthy with all you’ve gained on the way, 

not expecting Ithaka to make you rich."



No comments:

Post a Comment