Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soul, Body and Spirit




Today I was reading an article by Gloria Copeland in the "Believer's Voice of Victory" magazine which sums up the overall theme of my blog and my journey. I liked the way she describes our triune (three-in-one) person - the three elements of the human.

"Your body is made up of the elements of the earth. God created every part of your body to cooperate with and thrive in the earth in which you live. It holds up and carries you throughout your life"

"Your soul is made up of your mind, your will and your emotions. By your soul you interact in your life and express yourself"

"Who you truly are is defined by your spirit-the real you. It is the heart and the core of your true life. It is the very life in you."

Through sport, all three elements are tapped. And I believe that my purpose on this earth is to take these God given talents on this journey to explore this triune. Through love of myself and others, the impossible becomes possible.

This week is the start of my Ironman 70.3 training. This 18 week self plan will take me all the way to the race date: May 30, 2010 in St. Polten, Austria. This journey will be of self discipline, self exploration, patience and love. I ask the Holy Spirit to be with me on this journey, to keep me safe, and to give me the power to go on when I feel like giving up. This higher power is so much greater than anything on this earth. The universe will answer my callings as I continue on my journey. BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment